The Tony Elumelu Foundation launches the world’s largest digital platform for African entrepreneurs at the TEF 2018 Forum
Appointed TEFConnect it will be officially inaugurated at this year’s TEF Forum, which will take place on October 25, 2018, at the Federal Palace Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria. Operator and Building on Africa’s Largest Entrepreneurs Catalyst, Program Entrepreneur of Tony Elumelu (TEEP), which has attracted more than 300,000 African entrepreneurs as applicants and trained and funded 4,460 people, TEFConnect is an open source platform that will provide tailored tools and content to catalyze the commercial development of millions of people on the continent, through technology and directly applicable content.
Positioned as “Facebook for African Entrepreneurs”, the TEFConnect platform is a contemporary, intuitive, informative and user-friendly business creation space, offering five specific benefits to its users, including:
- The versatile digital home for entrepreneurs in the ecosystem of entrepreneurship, including entrepreneurs, incubators, investors, universities and the private sector, providing news, informational resources, events and entrepreneurship opportunities .
- Create a space for African entrepreneurs to transact across countries and regions in Africa’s largest digital market, with traffic reaching millions of consumers.
- Access to free business tools such as financial planning calculators, business plan generators and marketing models.
- Access to the Foundation’s Entrepreneurship Program Application Form, Business Toolbox and Global Business Leaders Mentoring.
- Enable entrepreneurs to promote their businesses to potential investors and other entrepreneurs for cross-border collaboration.
Commenting on the launch of TEFConnect, the Foundation’s CEO, Parminder Vir OBE, said, ‘The Tony Elumelu Foundation is simply about empowering African entrepreneurs. First, we launched the TEF entrepreneurship program, which has provided 10,000 African entrepreneurs with 10 years of seed, mentoring and training. Then, we convened the full entrepreneurial ecosystem of the TEF Forum to form a dialogue and deliberate discussions to change the narrative of Africa. Now, we are scaling up our impact by connecting the African entrepreneurship ecosystem on a single platform.
Foundation founder Tony Elumelu also said: “In the last four years, since the launch of TEEP, we have shown that entrepreneurship can change a continent – we have invested in people and processes. We have already helped to create business successes and bring political decision-makers into the entrepreneurial dynamic. But in many ways, we only scratch the surface. This year, we are expanding our field and we are addressing the issue of increasingly frequent interaction – the digital domain. By connecting African entrepreneurs around the world on TEFConnect, we are further liberating the true potential of our entrepreneurs and transforming the continent. ”
The 4th EFT Forum will convene the African entrepreneurial ecosystem, including the investment community, government and policy makers, major development organizations, private sector representatives, media and partners.
This year’s forum will also offer an interactive dialogue between the President of Ghana, HE Nana Akufo-Addo and the President of Kenya, HE Uhuru Kenyatta, moderated by TEF founder Tony Elumelu.
To attend the TEF Forum or attend the TEFConnect Live Unveiling, please click here: www.tonyelumelufoundation.org/tef-forum2018